Sunday, March 20, 2011

What's Your Narnia Name?

Mine is Queen Helen.

Wonder how I got it? ...yeah, it's a long story. But long story short, tonight several family members and I actually sat down and had a semi-serious discussion on giving every. single. one of us Narnia names. We started out with "good" names and had so much fun we went on to "bad" names. After much bantering and bickering, each of us had a pair of names we were at least partially satisfied with. It was then we got to really sit back and think about why we had been given those names ~ and how strangely appropriate they were. It's a subtle ~ and yet, not-so-subtle ~ rhetoric that hints at your character and who you are as a person in just a fun little naming game.


So go ahead, ask your family ~ what's YOUR Narnia name? :-)

1 comment:

  1. X) What makes a name a Narnia name? The meaning? The sound and feel? Now I want one. X)

    ReplyDelete

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels." Proverbs 1:5
"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Psalm 119:103
I can't wait to hear what you have to say to me, whether it be words of wisdom or some sweet honey of encouragement. But if it isn't either of those, please be respectful and keep your thoughts to yourself.