Friday, February 4, 2011

Just a thought

My uncle is visiting for a couple days while accomplishing some things he needed to do. He's a really neat guy, and while I was listening to him talk on the phone this morning I realized something... rhetoric has a lot to do with what you say and how to say it, but it's also crucial to know when to say it, why you say it, and who you're saying it to. Words are a powerful tool, and as Uncle Ben {Spiderman} would say, "With great power comes great responsibility." Next time you go to open your mouth, think about that.

1 comment:

  1. I once heard it said that "writing is a weapon. It's a sword. It's fire. We need to be careful when we play with fire." I guess maybe speaking is the same way.

    ReplyDelete

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels." Proverbs 1:5
"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Psalm 119:103
I can't wait to hear what you have to say to me, whether it be words of wisdom or some sweet honey of encouragement. But if it isn't either of those, please be respectful and keep your thoughts to yourself.